Fiduciary Duties – What Is It? A Look at En Bloc Cases – CPD Courses
CPD Courses Synopsis:
What is fiduciary duties ? Today we hear this word being used more & more frequently. What does it involves & how does it apply to us as real estate salesperson ?
In the last few years, , a series of enbloc cases have gone sour & the courts & the judges have pointed towards a failure of fiduciary duties, not only of the marketing agents, but also of the Collective Sales Committee as well !
Besides highlighting these cases, this CPD course seeks to explain the meaning of fiduciary duties, provide examples to illustrate the violations of such duties in the light of recent court cases, & deal with how to avoid such violations so as so to ensure compliance with the fiduciary duties imposed on salespersons.
Credit Hours: 2 core CPD hours for the mandatory CPD courses scheme
CPD Course Fees:
Price for C&H agency – $35 plus GST
Price for other agency – $45 plus GST
CPD Course Objectives:
- Explain the meaning of fiduciary duties, & outline the various aspects of it in the work of a real estate salesperson;
- Provide examples to illustrate the violations of such duties in the light of recent court
- List down the recent en-bloc cases that has highlighted fiduciary duties in their grounds of decision in the court cases, &
- Explain how to avoid such violations or to outline how to comply with the fiduciary duties or responsibilities
Target Audience: Salespersons and KEOs
CPD Category Classification: C2 Laws, Government Policies and Regulations related to estate agency work
Level of Course: Level 1
Serial Number: C2L1S0280
Mr. Kenneth Tan
LLB (Hons) National University of Singapore
Advance Certificate in Training & Assessment (ACTA) Certified Trainer
A lawyer with over 20 years of practice experience in conveyancing, and more than 5 years of experience conducting seminars and talks to various real estate agencies, especially in C & H Properties Pte Ltd, where he often receives a ‘full house’ attendance for the training classes that he conducts, due to the experience and expertise of the law and regulations related to the industry that he brings.
How to Register:
To register for this core CPD course, please select which agency you belong to and then click “Add to Cart”.
CPD Course: Fiduciary Duties – What Is It?- A Look at En Bloc Cases
- 2 core CPD hours for the mandatory CPD courses scheme
- Core Category Classification: C2 ; Level of course – L1
- Class: NIL
- Price for C & H agency: $35.00 plus GST
- Price for other agency: $45.00 plus GST
Click here to go back to CPD courses Home page
Last Updated: 31 Aug 2016