C2: Understanding Property Related Stamp Duty (C2L1S0196)
CPD Courses Synopsis:
This core CPD course provides an in-depth coverage of stamp duty, including Buyer’s Stamp Duty (BSD), the normal duty on leases, Seller’s Stamp Duty (SSD), and Additional Buyer’s Stamp Duty (ABSD).
The subject of stamp duty cuts across all types of the real estate. It constitutes fundamental knowledge that is essential for the salesperson to execute his/her duties effectively.
CPD Course Objectives:
– Identify types of property transactions that attract BSD, SSD, ABSD and lease duty
– Calculate ad valorem duty for sale contracts and tenancy agreements
– Explain eligibility for refund of duty for aborted sale contracts and aborted leases
– Explain rules of SSD, and situations where SSD is exempted or can be remitted
– Explain rules of ABSD, and situations where ABSD is exempted or can be remitted, to their customers and new salespersons (where applicable)
*Please do not register for this course if you had attended it at other course providers in the same CPD cycle*