(Online - ZOOM) Generic Course: Purchasing Residential Asset : Excel Model
*G2 – Computational Thinking*
This CPD course is all about real asset acquisition’s cash flows. You will learn the commonly used method, beginning with the single-period method and continuing on to the multiple-period method for judging a particular purchase. This is because, notably, real asset is a big-ticket item that requires high initial cost outlay and the long-term commitment to mortgage financing and refinancing or reprising it. So learning how to do it right, as it is a number game, especially for residential asset acquisition, which can be complicated and it is the main objective of this course.
Without knowing cash flow, you are really just guessing when trying to figure out whether purchasing a given real asset is viable or not. With a bit of practice using a given Excel template, you will be able to read a real asset’s vital signs and judge its “health” as to whether acquiring it is an investment or it is just for a roof above your head. It can be both, if you do it at the onset in buying a real asset.
This CPD course will cover:
- How to read between the lines on what a seller is saying about his or her real asset.
- How to qualify a buyer’s eligibility and affordability in a particular residential real asset’s acquisition.
- How to estimate current and future values of a real asset.
- How to forecast the revenue streams, operating expenses and mortgage financing before buying a real asset.
- How to use “time value of money” concept to make good acquisition decisions.
- How to compare similar or different real asset acquisitions.
*2 credits (Generic) for C&H Agents*
*2 credits (Generic) for non C&H Agents are subjected to Estate Agency KEO approval*