(Online - ZOOM) Generic Course: Residential Market Index
*G14 – Sense Making*
- This course is to increase awareness of using Residential Market Price Index to address the Estate Agents Act’s Code of Ethics and Professional Client Care on due diligence in dealing with clients, under:
- Section 4(2)c Knowledge of and compliance with applicable laws, practice circulars and guidelines:
Must keep themselves informed of essential or relevant facts and developments in the property market and matters that could affect any aspect of property transactions.
- Section 6(2)c General duty to clients and public:
Must keep client informed of any material or relevant development or issue in respect of the property of the client.
- Section 7(3) Not to bring discredit or disrepute to real estate industry:
Any opinion that is rendered by an estate agent or a salesperson to the client or any other person shall be justifiable by reference to verifiable facts and shall be given with strict professional integrity, objectivity and courtesy.
- It is to be presented with examples that attendees can easily grasp the underlying methodologies to enhance their awareness and thus in their interpretations of Residential Market Price Index.
- I will be explaining the Stratified Hedonic method adopted by URA’s Private Property Indices in the development towards the residential market price indices.
- The overall objective of this course is to add value to services as well as in learning a new skill in reading price indices and using targeted price indices.
*2 credits (Generic) for C&H Agents*
*2 credits (Generic) for non C&H Agents are subjected to Estate Agency KEO approval*