(Online - ZOOM) P3: Cash Flow Analysis – Should your tenants be owning? (P311S0994)
This CPD course will show the approach of using the Cash Flow Analysis to determine whether renting or owning one’s home is a better decision within a time horizon of 5 years – purely from the financial perspective.
Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Prepare a ‘Cash Flow Analysis’ to explain the alternatives between ‘owning’ and ‘renting’ a residential property on short-term (e.g. 5 years).
- Using the above analytical tool, advise prospective investors on the risks & return of acquiring a real estate over a shorter-term horizon in hope of capital gains.
- Understand Net Present Value (NPV) and Internal Rate of Return (IRR) as methods to determine investment return of real estate.
Please take note:
• Email notification from Zoom will be sent within 2 working days upon online registration. A unique zoom link will be emailed to you and this link should not be shared with others.
• Participants can join the CPD courses from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android by clicking the join link.
• A reminder email from Zoom and a separate email with course notes from C&H will be sent before the class starts.
• You are encouraged to log in 15 minutes prior to the course start time to avoid any connection issues and to check on your audio and video.
• Attendance will be denied if log in is more than 15 minutes after the actual course start time.
• At the end of the class, you are required to complete a Post Course Evaluation Form (by scanning QR code) before receiving the e-certificate.