P3: Calculate Property Costs of Residential Property Investment (P311S0796)
2 Professional Credits
This CPD course will focus on the due diligence in the facilitation of private home investments, (i) before buying, (ii) during the holding period, and (iii) when disposing of the investment property.
Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Identify all Property costs involved in residential property investment such as
- One-off acquisition costs e.g. stamp duties.
- One-off disposal costs e.g. service commission for agents, stamp duties (if liable).
- Recurring holding costs including maintenance & service fees, property tax, service commission for finding tenants and income tax, deductibles for taxes and vacancy allowance, e.g. in between leases.
- Differentiate one-off costs, e.g. (i) stamp fees, (ii) disposal costs from recurring costs, e.g. (iii) maintenance & service charges, (iv) property, (v) income taxes, (vi) service commission for leasing etc.
- Calculate all relevant costs for the purpose of giving advice in good faith and with due diligence.