(Online - ZOOM) P3: Calculate Investment Value & Profitability of Residential Properties (P311S0795)
This course will focus on the due diligence of residential real estate investment, i.e. calculations of profits & risks before buying. This CPD course will also look into the ‘homework’ that needs to be done before investment.
Expected Learning Outcome:
- Ascertain the investment value and profitability of investing in residential properties.
- Conduct due diligence as the salesperson should before making any recommendation on the return on equity of an investment in residential properties.
- Assess the level of financial leverage in order to attain the highest rate of return on any residential property investment.
- Gather evidence of recent transaction prices and current rents for the purpose of calculating the profitability before making informed investment decisions.
- Explain common property investment concepts & terms.
- Work out potential cash flow of the investment.
- Calculate Return on Equity (ROE) – by applying rules of thumb of real estate calculation.
- Ascertain gross operating income, standard operating expenses, net operating income and assume a vacancy allowance etc.
- Show relationship between loan quantum & ROE.
Please take note:
• Email notification from Zoom will be sent within 2 working days upon online registration. A unique zoom link will be emailed to you and this link should not be shared with others.
• Participants can join the CPD courses from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android by clicking the join link.
• A reminder email from Zoom and a separate email with course notes from C&H will be sent before the class starts.
• You are encouraged to log in 15 minutes prior to the course start time to avoid any connection issues and to check on your audio and video.
• Attendance will be denied if log in is more than 15 minutes after the actual course start time.
• At the end of the class, you are required to complete a Post Course Evaluation Form (by scanning QR code) before receiving the e-certificate.