(Online - ZOOM) P3: Calculate Property Costs of Residential Property Investment (P311S0796)
This CPD course will focus on the due diligence in the facilitation of private home investments, (i) before buying, (ii) during the holding period, and (iii) when disposing of the investment property.
Expected Learning Outcomes:
- Identify all Property costs involved in residential property investment such as
- One-off acquisition costs e.g. stamp duties.
- One-off disposal costs e.g. service commission for agents, stamp duties (if liable).
- Recurring holding costs including maintenance & service fees, property tax, service commission for finding tenants and income tax, deductibles for taxes and vacancy allowance, e.g. in between leases.
- Differentiate one-off costs, e.g. (i) stamp fees, (ii) disposal costs from recurring costs, e.g. (iii) maintenance & service charges, (iv) property, (v) income taxes, (vi) service commission for leasing etc.
- Calculate all relevant costs for the purpose of giving advice in good faith and with due diligence.
Please take note:
• Email notification from Zoom will be sent within 2 working days upon online registration. A unique zoom link will be emailed to you and this link should not be shared with others.
• Participants can join the CPD courses from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android by clicking the join link.
• A reminder email from Zoom and a separate email with course notes from C&H will be sent before the class starts.
• You are encouraged to log in 15 minutes prior to the course start time to avoid any connection issues and to check on your audio and video.
• Attendance will be denied if log in is more than 15 minutes after the actual course start time.
• At the end of the class, you are required to complete a Post Course Evaluation Form (by scanning QR code) before receiving the e-certificate.